This user agreement is a contract between you and Token Ibis. By
creating an account with Token Ibis, you agree to follow the terms and
conditions stated in this user agreement. You also agree to comply
the policies for this agreement at any time.
Opening an account on the Token Ibis application allows you to do the
- Receive a weekly Universal Basic Philanthropy distribution (called
- Give philanthropy dollars to organizations.
- Post on the Token Ibis forum
- Engage with other users and organizations
- Earn more philanthropy dollars by interacting with Bots
You may not withdraw any money you receive or deposit into your
Token Ibis account. Only registered organizations may cash out
philanthropy dollars as standard USD to perform their tax-exempt
business operations. However, Token Ibis retains the right to
modify balances and issue USD refunds as necessary in response to
unforeseen administrative events.
Token Ibis retains the right to implement and alter the
distribution algorithms in any way that promotes engagement,
security, and fairness.
Token Ibis Organization Responsibilities
Token Ibis is responsible for handling and transferring your money
(converted to philanthropy) both safely and securely. Token Ibis
also is responsible for due diligence to ensure that
organizations are legitimate nonprofits committed to fulfilling
their tax-exempt purposes.
You are responsible for maintaining control of any IDs, passwords, or
codes that you use to access your Token Ibis account. You may close
your Token Ibis account at any time without any cost to you. However,
if your account has any philanthropy dollars in it at the time of
closing, you may not convert this back to currency in compliance with
the currency conversion statement above.
Token Ibis collects and uses personal data from users in order to improve the user experience of the application and to study how the application contributes to the Universal Basic Philanthropy theory that it aims to support. In addition, we retain the right to share user data with other organizations for research purposes. Any formal studies that arises from such collaborations will be overseen by an Institutional Review Board to ensure ethical behavior.
Data Deletion Policy
At any time, users may request that their personal data be deleted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. With the following information:
- Subject: Data Deletion Request
- Body (please include the following information):
- Your Token Ibis username
- Any other comments or requests or special instructions.
Once received, we will send a confirmation link as a private message from @tokenibis on the app. If you confirm, then we will delete all information associated with your Token Ibis account and activity history EXCEPT for anonymized historical donation amounts, which is needed for financial auditing. This includes (but is not limited to) the following information:
- Any custom profile settings associated with your account.
- All historical donation descriptions, posts, and comments.
- All private messages to other users or nonprofits.
- Any association between the deleted profile and external platforms including Facebook, Google, or Microsoft.
Please expect a confirmation of the completed request within 5 business days.